Thursday, November 26, 2015

Top 11 Things I'm Thankful for this Thanksgiving Day

In no particular order:

  1. A multitude of angels in my life, freakin' and otherwise.
  2. A teenage son who treats his wonderful girlfriend like a princess, demonstrating what a kind, thoughtful, loving and mature young man he has become.
  3. Radio City's Christmas Spectacular for actually leaving the Christ in Christmas. It's nearly impossible to see Christianity on display in a secular environment these days. So nice to see they didn't sanitize it to avoid offending anyone.
  4. A fulfilling career in which I get to share the stories of those who are truly making the world a better place.
  5. Those who help others--around the corner and around the world--not for recognition or reward, but because it's the right thing to do.
  6. Books, so many wonderful books!
  7. A teenage daughter who will hold my hand walking through NYC, and ask me to lie down with her on a rare night when she can't fall asleep.
  8. The opportunity to pursue a lifelong dream and the friends and family who encourage and support me.
  9. A teacher whose childlike joy and passion for his craft make being in school again an amazing experience.
  10. Puppy love.
  11. Being married to my best friend--a man who makes me laugh, think and look to our future as empty nesters with anticipation instead of sadness.
Finally, thank you for your friendship. I can't imagine walking through this life without one another to lean on!

No comments: