Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Approach to Winter: Grin and "Bear" It

The frigid temperatures, and what I hope is just a temporary visit from the Funkapotomus, have led me to conclude that I would do well as a bear. Yes, I do believe I would enjoy hibernation a great deal:


The Top 10 Reasons I'd Like to be a Bear

  1. No matter how hairy they get, no one expects a bear to shave.
  2. I could gain 40 lbs a week over the summer and then sleep it off beginning in October.
  3. I'd wake up in bathing suit shape in April or May without having done a lick of exercise.
  4. Even if I still had some pounds to shed, no one would dare say anything about it. Cause I'm a bear.
  5. If someone woke me up, I'd be perfectly justified in biting their head off. Literally.
  6. No more running to the bathroom. I could hold it for months. 
  7. It's the perfect life for an introvert.
  8. Male bear wouldn't expect any action for a few months. 
  9. Sleeping away all those months would make the wait for season 3 of Homeland a bit more "bearable."
  10. The kids could live on milk for a few months, meaning I'd do a lot less cooking. Although I "bearly" do any cooking now.
So, what animal would you like to be?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

My mom and I agree that you've made the bear's life sound pretty good--but "spoiled cat" would probably be sweet too!