Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Random Musings, Part 4

While I could tell you about the very large and quite old naked behind I saw in the locker room at the gym the other day, or how I cried my heart out when I told my master instructor I was leaving our martial arts school, I think I'll go with something a little more upbeat. It's time for Random Musings, Part 4: 
  1. How exactly does one lose a shoe on the side of the road?    
  2. When your child wants to go to a friend's house in the morning before you've showered and dressed, do you change your underwear before you put on clothes, or wait till after you've showered later?
  3. At what age does a boy start closing cupboard doors when he's done with the dishes?
  4. Does anyone actually follow those Local Traffic Only signs?
  5. And speaking of traffic, did you notice you never hit a red light when you're waiting to read or send a quick text?   
  6. If I'm not supposed to use a certain pillow for sleeping, what's it doing on my bed? 
  7. Just because Ikea sells frozen mashed potatoes doesn't mean you should buy them.
  8. And speaking of food, why do I save leftovers that I know we'll never eat?
  9. At what age does a boy start throwing out empty boxes of cereal, microwave popcorn, and fruit snacks instead of leaving them in the cupboard?
  10. Why do news stations report the ocean temp from December through March? Is someone actually contemplating a swim?
  11. Coffee, donuts, muffins. You'd think Dunkin' Donuts would smell like heaven, but it actually smells like hell. What's that about?
  12. The college professor rule should apply to waiters/waitresses. If they don't appear within 15 minutes of you receiving and finishing your meal, you can just leave.  
  13. Why do some people flush before they use the toilet? Do they think there might be something in there that will reach out and pinch them?
  14. At what age do boys start to match their shirt to their pants? 
Finally, I'd like to know why bad things happen to good people. Please pray for Rob's cousin Karen who suffered a mild stroke two days ago. This follows the heartbreak of a lost pregnancy less than two years ago.

And I whine when the funkapotomus comes to visit...


    1 comment:

    Emily said...

    So a few thoughts on your thoughts:

    1. I have NO idea!! This is a question for the ages.
    2. No - I wait until I shower.
    3,9,14 - Never
    4 - Yes - when we travel to Rhode Island and return over the GW bridge - the local lanes to the NJ turnpike are ALWAYS faster. Go figure!!
    10. yes a certain person I know whose name rhymes with Dave will enter the ocean in February.
    12. Im so with you on this one! Our rule was 10 minutes.

    Great list!