Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Random Musings IV

It's been more than a year since my last bit of Random Musings. I know you've been lying awake at night, just wondering when I was going to share my rarely important, curious thoughts. So here it goes:
  1. Why do they label a bottle of pills "take by mouth?" Is there another way to take them that I'm not aware of?
  2. Speaking of pills. You know what's fun? Finding a circular white pill you dropped on a floor that's covered with those little white paper circles you get when you use the hole puncher. Seriously. That's happened to me.
  3. How closely does someone need to be following you for you to hold the door open for them?
  4. Speaking of being close. How closely can you walk behind a stranger without freaking them out? And should you slow your pace or speed up to walk past them? 
  5. Sometimes I dread small talk at the dentist and hair salon. This is why Asian American nail salons are so popular. If we don't speak same language, we don't have to chat.
  6. Does anyone else move their body in one direction or the other to "help" pull the car into a tight parking space? This is possibly related to my "move the bowling ball" wave. Despite ample evidence to the contrary, I must think my body movements have magical powers.
  7. Nothing kills the mood like rolling over and squishing a stink bug. Seriously, I've done that 
  8. Young men with six-pack abs should not be allowed to run shirtless on city streets. It's a driving hazard. 
  9. Why do Christian college kids get married so young? Is it because they're tired of "waiting for marriage?" (If I can work up the courage to potentially offend a good number of people, including friends, I may write an entire blog post on this topic.)
  10. Why is it that the tree that needs to be cut down (costing an obscene amount of money) is never the one that makes the biggest mess in your yard? Like the *&^#*!) gumball tree?
I hope to be back in the next day or two with some deeper thoughts, but for now, I hope you enjoyed these "Random Musings." Have a good one!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I've had a scary number of those same thoughts. But I do know the answer to #1, and sadly, there's definitely other ways people will try to take those pills without that specific instruction.

Andria said...

Love these! Number three hit home, because I often misjudge and end up standing around with the door open while some poor soul hustles so they don't make me wait. It's really more awkward than helpful at that point! And I think number four calls for an investigation on your part...measuring following distances and judging reactions...could be fun! And I'm DEFINITELY with you on number six, as though my vigorous leaning is going to have a direct impact on the car. Thanks for the smiles!

Cabogirl said...

Work up your courage girl...can't wait to read your future post on #9! Love your random musings.

IrwinDiehl said...

I speak with authority, having been one of them. Young adults (aka "kids") who attend Christian colleges get married so early because they take quite literally Paul's (KJV) shrug: "Better to marry than to burn." We were not exactly sure if he meant "burn [in hell]" or "burn [in lust]" but let's face it--for the children of evangelicalism, they were the same thing!
A secondary motive: once you graduate, where else are you going to find such a concentrated group of "good Christian boys/girls" from which to choose the ideal mate??? (Ha. If only we had known then what we know now about the so-called "ideal"...!)