Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sounds of the Season

You don't need ALL the Christmas cookies for the party, do you?

I just thought of something else I want for Christmas.

Mom, I can't find my white shirt or bow tie. I need it now. My concert dress rehearsal is today.

Please close the front door so we're not paying to heat the outside of the house.

Turn off that stupid Dominic the Donkey song.

Darn. Noah can't come over tonight. It's Hanukkah. (Repeat eight times)

Mom, what do you want for Christmas? It's not fair that you get me all kinds of stuff and I don't get you anything.  (Seriously!)

A box came from Amazon.com with my name on it. Can I open it?

The Fraternal Order of Police is on the phone. They want some money. The deacon's fund at church is low. They want some money. That non-profit sent Christmas-y return address labels. They want some money. 

Are the Jones's on our Christmas card list? We just got one from them.

Maddie peed downstairs again.

I know we don't want to spend $6,000 right now, but the high efficiency furnace tax rebate ends Dec. 31.

Honey, let's not exchange gifts this year. Instead we'll give each other a high efficiency heater.

Mom, my nose is stuffy and my lips are chapped. Do I have to go to school?

Who ate all the cookies??!!  

I know where you're hiding the presents this year.

I hope lots of Freakin' Angels readers donate a kitchen item per my last blog post.

Before he became a werewolf
I don't know why the Phils let Jayson Werth go (though the Nationals definitely overpaid); go talk to my husband.  

What sounds of the season are you hearing these days?






No comments: