Wednesday, June 15, 2011

An Ankle or a Wiener?

In the spirit of Congressman Weiner, let's talk about body parts, shall we? Let me begin by telling all you men out there that your wiener is not the highlight of your physicality. Want to show me your six-pack abs; I'm all in. But quite frankly, your wiener is not particularly pleasant to look at. Now that we have that out of the way, let's evaluate some other parts of the body.

Like ankles.

I particularly admire nice ankles on other women. They catch my eye. I think this is because 1) I don't have great ankles and we always want what we don't have, and 2) great ankles are rare. My colleague Jen has great ankles. So does my friend Ellen whom I haven't seen in a couple years. If when I think of Ellen I think of her ankles, you know they are something special.

The other thing about great ankles is that you're either born with them or you're not. As far as I know, there's no ankle augmentation or "anklesuction" surgery available. Even working out doesn't particularly sculpt your ankles. 

Ankles stand in sharp contrast to the body parts most people are drawn to. You know the ones. Ears, knees, elbows. And of course, there are a few who are also strangely attracted to chests and behinds I have a female friend who admits only when drinking that she's a boob girl. And I know a few men who fall into this category as well. The trouble with chests and tushes is all the elective stuff you can have done to them. I just don't think that should count.

So let's take a poll. Name the part of the body you most admire on those of the opposite sex and those of the same sex. I know you men will claim you don't check out other men, but you know that's crap, so 'fess up already. This should be fun!

6 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

20 & 2 --- I am always so envious of women my age and then some who have these really great shoulders and upper arms. And a man with really nice muscular arms? YUMMMM --but not the big steriod shooting I can lift a truck single handed arms -- when I see those arms all I think of is "dang how do you find a coat or a dress shirt that fits"

bunsen said...

Opposite sex = mouth (smile). Nothing sexier than a killer smile.

Same sex = honestly never thought about it.

James Wood said...

Gimme six pack abs on a dude anytime..well, hopefully this dude someday... ... On the opposite sex I'll freely admit to you that I've always been a boob man.

Ps. Kim...who's your friend? - ;)

Andria said...

Oooh, fun question! I've always been attracted to nice hands...weird, eh? And in women...I admire thick, long hair, I guess.

Emily said...

I'm with Andria - I can tell I find a man attractive (otherwise) if I find myself looking at his hands. On women, its definitely the arms. I have a huge crush on Jennifer Garner's arms. :)

Mark said...

I've known you for over 25 years and if your ankles were painted green I wouldn't know. Honestly, my interest in what a woman looks like starts on top (eyes, smile, cheekbones, hair) lessens gradually as we go down the body, ending at the rear end. Legs and below are beyond my notice.

I'm jealous of men who have chiseled features without looking like a steroid freak.