Friday, June 17, 2011

Things that Make You Go "Hmmm," Part 2

I thought as we head into the weekend I'd keep it light. I've got some heavy topics in mind, like prayer and faith, and greeting cards, but they can wait. The sun is shining after a night of crazy storms and I'm headed to the beach this weekend. Life is good.

So here we are with my second volume of "Things that Make You Go Hmmm," compliments of the occasionally head-scratching, wacky requests I read in my daily emails from HARO - Help a Reporter Out. If you're not familiar with HARO, it features requests from authors, reporters, bloggers, radio & tv producers, etc. looking for experts or specific types of individuals to interview for a story. So, without further ado...

Things that Make You Go "Hmmm"
  1. Need someone who can confirm the veracity of turd burgers (gives new meaning to "this burger takes like sh*t")
  2. Guys: Where Do You Poop? (hint, wherever you find the newspaper)
  3. Looking for women whose parents bought them egg freezing as graduation gifts (because a new car is so overrated)
  4. Keeping kids learnign (sic) during summer (maybe whoever typed this should keep learning over the summer, too)
  5. Cooking Virgins (at first I  honestly thought that they meant cooking virgins...for eating)
  6. Can a Neat Freak Marry a Slob? (yes, but the marriage could be messy)
  7. What makes a good mother? (duh. wine.)
  8. Casting Professional Chefs - Must Be Divorced (cause nothing will kill a marriage faster than having a spouse who can cook
  9. Does the number of vasectomies increase during March Madness? (sounds like one of those research projects the government should spend a few millions on)
  10. Creative ways to remember your pregnancy (pretty sure the kid will be a constant reminder...)
  11. People who dig holes (I personally dig rock solid abs)
  12. Needs Tips on How to Have Quiet Sex in an Apt Bldg Setting (find a particularly lousy partner?)
  13. How to raise clean kids (I'd like the person who knows the answer to call me)
  14. Did U wear more than 10 wedding dresses at your wedding? (seriously?)
  15. Do you eat metal, baking soda, paper, glue, chalk or dirt? (I used to eat paste and boogers, do they count?)
If you think you have it in you to provide answers to these types of questions and many more normal ones, I encourage you to subscribe to Help a Reporter Out. Good stuff!

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

I think I have to subscribe to this just for entertainment's sake Kim!