Monday, May 7, 2012

10 Things I Love about My Son

Ian with the Phanatic 2007ish
Fourteen years ago I gave birth to my son, Ian. It was an unpleasant experience, primarily because I was too stupid clueless to request an epidural. Only recently have the scars on Rob's wrist faded after I dug my claws into him for getting me into that pregnant state in the first place. But this is not about the pain Ian has brought to my life. This is about the joy. I figure the kid's been through enough abuse via this blog that I owe him this:

The Top 10 Things I Love About My Son

  1. He's a genuinely nice and particularly likeable kid.
  2. He's extremely funny and quick-witted and can be a major goofball.
  3. He's sensitive and affectionate.
  4. He's smart and engaging.
  5. He sings, acts, reads, and enjoys movies (we have lots in common).
  6. He shows real concern for others.
  7. He's respectful.
  8. Other parents and his teachers have nothing but good things to say about him.
  9. He's fun to spend time with (as long as there are no electronics within 300 ft.).
  10. Every night before bed he tells his father and me that he loves us. 
Ian, I'm sorry I'm not the kind of mother who remembers what time you were born or your first word, but I hope you can take comfort in the fact that I never forget how blessed I am to be your mom.

Happy Birthday, Ian!

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Best blog ever Kim. Happy Birthday to Ian, hope he sees just how much his mom loves him!