Thursday, July 19, 2012

Things that Make You Go Hmmm, Volume IV

It's time for a new entry in the popular Freakin' Angels series "Things that Make You Go Hmmm." I pull these from media requests that I receive via email from a number of sources, with Help a Reporter Out (HARO) offering the most goodies for our amusement. (To be fair, they also offer the most legitimate leads.)

Without further ado....Things that Make You Go Hmmm, Volume IV
  1. Looking for people who have adopted dogs from the Caribbean (for a top travel site) -I'm relieved to know that we're taking care of dogs from the Caribbean, now that all the dogs in America have good homes. Perhaps you would adopt a dog from the Caribbean so you'd have an excuse to go back and visit "family?"
  2. I KEPT my New Year's Resolution (Woman's Day) - Further evidence that you can't believe everything you read.
  3. Swimming hairstyles for kids (SheKnows.com) - What the heck is a swimming hairstyle? Is there something possible outside of WET? Or perhaps they're referring to this toddler favorite:
  4. Embarrassed by a Loved One? Tell them on TV! (CW Talk Show) - That should even things out in the embarrassment department.
  5. Do You Think Plastics are Making You Fat? (ABC Television Network) - It couldn't be the calories in all the food you're eating. Must be the plastic plate you're eating it off of.
  6. Was Your Father A Sperm Donor? (Radio Show) - Um, I'm here, aren't I?
  7. Do You Have Pain After Spin Class? (ABC Television Network) - Hell yeah. Dumb question.
  8. Info About "Dead Butt Syndrome" (Health Website) - A close relative to "Sleeping Foot Syndrome?"
  9. Do you work with naked people? (Anonymous) - I think I might prefer to see dead people. Unless I worked with the cast of Magic Mike.
  10. Local football team selling mattresses to raise funds. - Okay, this isn't a media request; this is an actual sale for a school football team near my home. Is it just me or is that the most bizarre fundraising item you've ever heard of? "Hey, honey, we really need a new mattress. What do you say we head over the gym at XYZ High School and pick one up from the football team?"
Things that make you go HMMM. 

Have any bizarro notes to share?

If you missed any of the first three volumes, you can find them here:
Three (a.k.a. "I'm Not Feeling the Love, People") - note that I was angry with most of you when I wrote this third post.

1 comment:

Andria said...

These truly made me laugh out loud! Thanks for sharing.