Friday, April 27, 2012

10 Random Things You Do that I Despise

If you've known me for awhile, you know I occasionally receive visits from the Funkapotomus. Recently, however, his brother, Grumpapotumus, has been in town. I'm not sure which is worse. Those who spend considerable time with me would probably say Brother Grump is the less desirable of the two since he tends to share his bad attitude, whereas the Funk prefers one-on-one visits. Personally, I'm not a fan of either the Funk or the Grump, but they both might be preferable to their distant cousin:
The Pissedoffapotomus.

Anger really isn't my thing. I get irritated when no one helps me around the house, but generally I'm either sad or happy. Very little in between. One day last week, however, everything seemed to tick me off. I decided that rather than fight it, I would embrace the Pissedoffapotomus and enjoy being angry for a change. In keeping with the "10 Random Thoughts" theme of my last post, here are:

10 Random Things People Do or Say that Tick Me Off

  1. Tell me you're wonderful, accomplished, and popular.
  2. Think the rules don't apply to you.
  3. Put me in charge of a project and then tell me how to get it done.
  4. Put me on a guilt trip. 
  5. Offer "constructive" criticism I didn't ask for (and you're not my parents or my boss).
  6. Suggest I relax, chill out, or simmer down.
  7. Promise you'll take care of something and then don't.
  8. Have a response for everything everyone says regardless of whether you have a clue what you're talking about.
  9. Disagree about the name of the neighbor's dog (or something else of absolutely no consequence) and actually turn it into an argument.
  10. Never have anything good to say about anyone or anything.
So there you have it. If you have said or done any of the above, chances are you've ticked me off. But no worries. I spend almost no time at all hanging out with the Grudgeapotomus.


2 comments:

Mark said...

You're dead wrong about the neighbor's dog. The rest of it, I was too wonderful and talented to spend my time reading it.

An anonymous friend. said...

I don't like any of them.