Friday, November 5, 2010

It May be a Stomach Bug, or Floor Germs, or Just Plain Crappy Eating

Dear Friends,

Yesterday I dropped my lunch, a cheeseburger and fries, on the hall floor at work. And being cheap and hungry, I ate them anyway. I did however, first request on Facebook that you pray for me. Either you did not take my prayer request seriously, or you're not well-connected to the Big Guy. All I know is that since about 4:00 p.m. Thursday I've been one really sick puppy. It could have been that I picked up some evil germs/virus from the floor. Or maybe it was the slice of cake and soda that followed the cheeseburger combo. Or perhaps the handful of popcorn was to blame. Or maybe it's all just a coincidence and I've been laid low by a stomach bug. Still, whenever your stomach runs roughshod over the rest of your body, you're bound to reflect on the nutritional choices you recently made.

And my reflections have left me wondering how it is that I'm not always in this miserable condition.

I eat like crap much of the time. You've probably sensed as much from my Le Tub post back in January, and my more recent Elevation Burger review. My grocery shopping summary also provided insight into my less than healthy choices.

I think this current condition I find myself in is the wake-up call I needed. I think it's my body's way of telling me that I'm no longer a teenager who can eat whatever she wants without repercussions. I think if I ever feel good again I'll treat my body right and put only good stuff in.

It's that or I invest in a stomach pump for residential use.

I'm supposed to leave for Vegas tomorrow. My first time to Sin City, all expenses paid. If I promise to not gorge myself at one of the famous all-you-can-eat buffets, can you give a shout out to the Big Guy on my behalf? I'd really love to regain my equilibrium and control of my abdominal muscles so that I can get on the plane. Thanks, friends.

Love, a Freakin' Angel.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh Man -- I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this. Consider yourself properly prepared for Vegas -- what are the chances you will get sick twice? Be glad you got it out of your system.