Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks, Freakin' Angel Style

As we prepare to embrace family, watch football, and stuff ourselves silly, I would like to offer a non-traditional list of all those things I am particularly thankful for. I assume it goes without saying that a more traditional list would include my family, friends, health, employment, etc. (all the usual stuff without which I would have nothing to blog about).

A Freakin' Angels "Thank Heavens" Top 10 List:

10. Pretzel Boys soft pretzels, movie theater popcorn, and fountain cokes
9. Stretch jeans (actually, stretch anything)
8. Bullfrogs croaking, owls hooting, and the book Owl Moon
7. Anti-depressants
6. Jim Wood's Facebook updates
5. Barnegat Bay, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Wakakida
4. The promise of summer
3. Dell technicians
3. Glee songs and Harry Potter books
2. Ian's sense of humor and Abby's drive and determination
1. The Freakin' Angels who inspired this blog and who serve as constant reminders of our loving God. You girls rock!

Hope your Thanksgiving is full of blessings and that you remember to give thanks for that which truly matters.


Amen to that!

1 comment:

Gubanc said...

Let's see:
1. Our granddaughters questions and laughter
2. The color and heaven in Kathy's eyes
3. Belgrade Gardens chicken and Swenson's cheeseburgers in NE Ohio
4.The book, The Peaceable Classroom by Mary Rose O'Reilly
5. My sister, Karol, for taking in my mother with no hesitation
6. The smell of swimming pools
7. A car that starts
8. Anticipation of Spring and the arrival of the 250 tulips I planted to surprise our girls
9. My love of learning
10. For Kim S., who inspired me to stop and think of these things.