Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Time Has Come to Say Goodbye

I've tried to make this relationship work, really, I have. I made a commitment and I take that seriously. But after years of sacrifice, I think it's time to say goodbye.

I feel taken advantage of on so many levels. I handle all the meals. I do all the cleaning. And what do you do? You lay around and never lift a finger. And you create most of the mess, which really makes this an unfair arrangement.

Your eating and drinking has become a serious problem. You just don't know when to quit, and you don't care what you put into your body. I can't believe you're still able to get out of bed in the morning.

And speaking of bed, you're completely selfish in that regard. You take up more than your share of the space. You're concerned that the sheets and blankets are just to your liking, but you don't show any consideration for my needs. You snore. And when you're awake, you think I need to be up too.

Communicating with you about our problems is hopeless. You never seem to be listening, and more often than not I get the silent treatment. When you're not silent, you're barking at me. It's just uncalled for.

Emotionally, I think you have real issues that would benefit from serious therapy. I know you do your own thing when I'm at the office, but if I leave you to go out for an evening, your insecurities get the best of you and you make a mess of things to get even with me.

Then there's the running around on me. I never thought I'd accept that kind of behavior in a relationship and I've put up with it from you on more than one occasion. I chase after you which I something I swore I'd never do. Every time you leave I wonder if you'll just stay gone, but no, you torture me by coming back every time, after you've had your fun. And what's worse is that I know the neighbors see what's going on.

Maybe I should have tried harder, but it's just too late for that now. I know the kids will hate to say goodbye and it will be an adjustment not having you around, but we'll survive. And I think my sanity and happiness is more important at this point.


I hope you find someone to take you in who will treat you like the dog you are.


No comments: