Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I Need My Own Material

You know how some people look like their dog?


Well, I don't have that problem. My problem is that I've become my husband. We've always looked a little bit alike, given our dark hair, but worse than looking alike is that I've started to sound like him.

I don't know if it's a fraternity thing or a guy movie thing (it's probably a combination), but Rob has lots of witty, well-timed material. You may recognize the source of some of these:
  • "That's what she said..."
  • "Is that what the kids are calling it these days?"
  • "Don't cost nothin'"
  • "Cha"
  • "Key, very key"
  • "How ya like me now?"
  • "Turning into a nice little (fill in the blank with whatever) for you."
And then there's the lingo:

Base = bed
Cheese = girlfriend, woman, wife
Sklech =  good

I could go on and on.

These little Robisms are fine for Rob, but I've started to adopt them. It's particularly noticeable when we spend a lot of concentrated time together, like on our recent trip to Florida. It seemed like every other expression out of my mouth was one of his. It's embarrassing really. I feel so unoriginal.

So my assignment to you, dear reader, is to come up with some Kimisms so I can develop my own material. I look forward to your wordizzle for myshizzle. (Clearly I'm going to need some help here.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm, did you forget you "focus people, focus"?

Emily said...

Awwwww. You need your own catch phrase. You should ask Ian. From what I understand he is the king of catch phrases. I remember a time not so long ago that my guys were trying desperately to come up with their own catch phrase for which they would be known. Why? because Ian had one. I bet he can come up with a few that you already say!

A "Freakin' Angel" said...

Emily, I think most of Ian's material is "borrowed" from Calvin & Hobbes!